I am in absolute awe at the ability that Apple has to craft press events.
Some things I learned from today’s Apple iPad announcement:
- It doesn’t matter that you didn’t invent it – tout it like you did (microphone on the keyboard)
- It doesn’t matter if everybody else had it first – just pretend it’s brand new (LTE speed)
- Breathless hyperbole is more important that facts (well… everything)
- Never mention the downside (e.g. one hi-res image would blow your data plan for the month)
- Imply – without every blatanly stating – that credit goes to you for other people’s work (game demos)
- Show updated apps – imply causality
Here are the prices, as they were announced at the event:
- 16G: $499
- 32G: $599
- 64G: $699
- 16G: $629
- 32G: $729
- 64G: $829
Is the new iPad amazing? Yes. Is it revolutionary? No. Just evolutionary. Not that there’s anything wrong with that!
What did you learn?